27 October 2012

I heart MAC... / The Beauty Of Louise


Exciting news from The Trolley Dolly! I recently teamed up with lovely Louise over at The Beauty Of Louise, detailing a joyful visit (or five) to MAC and the beautiful buys I invested in. Click hereto see my guest post and visit Louise’s gorgeous blog :)

Alongside the items bought there I also purchased these beauties from the Limited Edition Style Seeker collection and I wanted to give you a review based on my own experience of MAC, as an avid eyeshadow-buyer and Fluidline fan.

Eyeshadow Duo in On The Hunt...
The gold is hyper-pigmented and the red can be built up to the desired strength as you like it...


Fluidline in Dark Diversion...

First of all, I just have to talk about this Fluidline. ^^^ My poor mother… what I put her through whilst we were shopping. I stopped for goodness knows how long, just staring at this plummy, aubergine-y, charcoal purple-y pot of perfection. And then along came the delightful MAC salesperson… she saw me coming.
“Did you know you can use this to create an amazing smoky eye?” she inquired.
No, as a matter of fact, my totally unimaginative little brain had not quite gotten that far.
“If you like, you can use it along your crease to create a beautiful autumnal colour mix with this eye shadow duo,” she continued, pointing to On The Hunt.
Yes, I would like that.
A lot.
And I’ve already thought of a few other colour combinations, I was thinking to myself. Fig. 1. That’s what I want to try. Bronze. Woodwinked. Star Violet. This goes with all my favourites.
Oh, for crying out loud, I’m already sold.
Yes, it’s time to pull out the cliché. This girl had me not at hello, but before she even opened her neatly painted mouth.
Since buying Dark Diversion, I’ve found it incredibly versatile. I can draw sleek lines, or create a fabulous smudgey-ness for the elusive ‘rock chick’ look, which for me always seems to sit somewhere between unwashed and sloppy. This just seems a little more grown up and a little less Avril Lavigne. No offence Av, but smoky eyes really are lovely in maroon. And, the colour brings out the whites of your eyes (before you ask, that’s one piece of information I didn’t sponge from the lovely shop assistant). Ooh.


And have a wee look at this eye shadow duo. Really. Just look at it.
It’s gold, it’s burnt, it’s shimmery, it’s autumnal (apparently). Mmmhmm.
To be honest, I bought this for the coppery-gold. I have no need (and previously had no desire) for a bold brick red, but in my determination to try new shades, and build the ultimate makeup bag, this killed two birds with one limited edition stone.
I swatched the three colours in order to give you an idea of how they look out-of-pot. I’m not one of these swatch-a-day bloggers so forgive me if they’re not up to scratch, but let me know what you think anyhoo. 



Have any of you done a tutorial / review using any of the Style Seeker collection / these products? I’d love to see your interpretations! Any ideas how I can make the most of that radical red?

Hope you like the review, don’t forget to stop by The Beauty of Louise if you haven’t already!

Love from smoky-eyed Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...