19 May 2012

My Favourite 'Work Lipstick' - Revealed!


The real colour of the lipstick... pretty bright - but I like it!

On a recent long haul flight (working Tokyo to Dubai – 11.5hours + 2 hours as I applied it pre-departure of course... so a total of 14 hours by the time I took the photographs below), I put my favourite ‘work-lipstick’ to the ultimate test.

Tested: Maybelline SuperStay 24hour Lip Colour in Red Passion

I applied it around two hours before the flight departed… and it looked like this (no editing involved here):




I maintained the look a couple of times throughout the flight using only the transparent balm that comes with the lip colour.
In the meantime…
I worked.
I ate.
I drank.
I slept for a couple of hours in the crew bunks.
I woke up.
I worked some more.
I ate some more.
I drank some more.

And then, at the end of the flight, my lips (and my makeup - no comment) looked like this:






Not bad considering the horrible air conditioning onboard, and I’ve discovered through frequent use what appears to be SuperStay’s kryptonite. Oil. If you eat particularly greasy food (think – plane food!), or greasy snacks (think – crisps), that’s what causes the disappearance of colour, shown here, on the inside of my lips. If I hadn’t had those damn crisps, and those greasy (not even tasty) noodles, it might have looked like it did when I got on board!

The flight after that was to Glasgow. I spent my time at home (by that I mean Scotland) buying three more of these wonders, on a buy-two-get-one-free at Boots. So it’s pretty (excuse the pun) obvious that I’m in love with this lipstick!
I also own the following shades (from left to right)…
Cherry Pie
Crème Caramel
Sparkling Fuchsia
Delicious Pink
Crimson Crystal
Red Passion


Which colour is your favourite?

To take off this lippy, I use makeup remover wipes, or an oil-based cleanser, which sounds like a pain, but to be honest, the fact it stays on without needing touch-ups is just too perfect for my job, where the famous red lipstick is required at all times!
Call me Mariah Carey but I’ve even started wearing it to the pool! Together with waterproof mascara, I’m working this whole poolside glamour thing that Elle and Grazia are always banging on about. Sweet!

Which lipsticks last longest for you? Any recommendations for my next lipstick haul?

Love from maybe-she’s-born-with-it-but-really-she’s-not Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...