8 May 2012

World Catwalk: Destination Madrid

Beautiful Madrid...

Spanish girls use their smile as an accessory.
It sounds simple (and I admit, pretty cheesy), but it seems to me to be an extremely effective way of making any outfit look cuter, funner (yes, I know that’s not in the dictionary), quirkier, even trendier.
The confidence that underlies the posture and expression of the Spanish girls I saw in the streets of Madrid, was fun to watch!
I strolled along Grand Via (pronounced Grand 'Bia' by the Spaniards, which, along with their lisping really threw me off) and the little streets leading to it, noticing that the girls seemed to have fun bouncing in and out of the different shops, deciding what to buy next.
Note: The same cannot be said of the staff inside said shops. I was disappointed, but not altogether surprised by the attitude that came steaming off Zara’s assistants like fumes… well, have you ever been into Zara and not  been looked up and down like you just landed at Paris Hilton’s birthday party in your pyjamas?
Oops, sorry. Personal rant over, promise.
Back to the sunny Spanish girls who inspired me with their street style!

The first was the beautiful Arlim (actually from Peru), who shyly showed us a very pulled-together look with her aviator sunglasses, cool scarf and to-die-for boots. I loved everything about this outfit – absolutely everything!

Love. Her. Outfit.

 
Next up, marching down Grand ‘Bia’, making a Bia-line (apologies) for Zara, were (from left to right) Elena, Judit and Maria Victoria, who between the three of them (and their man-friend) carried off some of my favourite looks for this transitional season and its not-quite-spring, not-quite-winter (definitely-not-summer) kind of weather.

Trend-spotting...
Cape jacket | Loafers | Blazer | Skinnies | Coloured trousers | Ankle boots

And a couple of nice handbags to boot. Bravo ladies!

Real or Barca? I couldn't decide!
Football and fashion... just another day in Spain!
 Who inspires your style? I want to know!

Love from Spanish Dolly x

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10.5.12

    I love Arlim's look best, her boots are amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...