13 January 2013

The Sunday Stalker


Let’s be honest, who doesn't love a good nosy through the blog world every now and then? From those who drive you mad with their ever-expanding designer collections, to the experts who are brimming with beauty advice and then there’s the rest… Home décor, baking, brunching, DIY, man repelling… you name it, the blogosphere’s got the lot. And so, that leads me to the initiation of The Sunday Stalker… where every other Sunday I spill which brilliant bloggers I’ve been stalking over the weekend.

I’m going to start with my daily go-tos. These are the blogs that, quite simply, give me great pleasure to read and I’m sure you’ll know them. If not, don’t say I didn’t warn you… addiction awaits.

That means “outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex” according to Leandra Medine, author of The Man Repeller, lady with an impeccable eye for a shoe, and funny girl indulging a seriously admirable sense of humour. 
Honestly, I cannot thank this centre-parted divulger of fashion genius enough, for all the hours of entertainment I’ve enjoyed at the hands of her witty, refreshing online dialogue. If you fancy knowing best how to wear an overall, work a full white outfit, or any other known faux pas with panache, head on over. You will love this blog. It’s just not normal not to.








Wendy Nguyen and her blog, Wendy’s Lookbook, were always going to be a recipe for success. Wendy herself is a bundle of energy, hurtling her fashionable way around west coast America in a blur of beautifully crafted and massively popular YouTube videos. 
Fashionable yet friendly, effortlessly chic, and always with awesome hair (which she shows you how to achieve), you’ll wish she was your best friend. 
She’s always got practical fashion advice (and cute jokes) at hand, whether that be in colour co-ordinating, wearing a scarf in 100 ways (yep, that is actually possible!) or just showing you how to wear a leather jacket cleverly.
There’s just no getting out of it – I seriously heart Wendy.




Whether I would necessarily take up full-time DIY-ing is neither here nor there… the attraction of A Pair & A Spare is the creative buzz that Geneva Vanderzeil conjures up with every designer-collection-inspired but cheaper-than-H&M outfit / home décor inspiration / transformed thrift store cast-off.

This Aussie ex-pat has some serious lightbulbs going on… so many in fact that she’s published her own book full of ‘em. For the sewing-machine fearing, her home projects are simple, individual and look flipping lovely. 
I particularly loved her recent DIY Breakfast Tower. Cuuuuute. And so breakfasty. Mmm. 


And so concludes this edition of The Sunday Stalker, I do hope you’ve enjoyed. Most likely you’ll have added a few more blogs to your reading list, but most importantly, I hope I’ve provided you some in-office/post-flight/can’t-be-assed-with-Monday viewing inspiration.

Love from blog-crazy Dolly x

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13.1.13

    MR = 21kf-\z0uaew9p45ynrtn - !! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...