11 January 2013

What’s In My Air Hostess Handbag?


I am constantly reassured by consumer magazines that I am in fact not the only person who likes to know what is in other people’s bags… and that is why I’m sharing today. Well, it seems only fair. You show me inside your handbag, I’ll show you inside mine.

My little maroon bag is possibly the most travelled handbag you’ll come to meet. It’s part of my uniform I grab along with my hat and suitcase before I head off to another fabulous destination with work.


As I trot through the airport, here’s what I’m concealing under my arm… my essentials you might say - the go-to items for your model air hostess (sort of) ;)
  • A purse for other currency. Last time I opened my wallet, I discovered Lebanese Lira, British pounds, UAE Dirham and Nigerian Nira. I don’t have enough brain cells for that kind of nonsense. Hence wallet number two. At least when I’m on location, I can pretend to be organised.
  • Bath & Body Works Shea Hand Cream. Soothes dried out aeroplane air-conditioned hands - brilliant stuff.
  • Two phones. The theory? Just in case one doesn’t work, the other one will… My Samsung S3 knocks spots off the iPhone 5 and all those crappy, intensely slow Blackberry browsers. And my old flip phone works everywhere (a bit like me then).
Cabin crew essential? Paracetemol.
Crying babies, whining adults, too-tight hairdos and long nights... need I say more?
  • Nail polish. Us 'Trolley Dollys' are known for our immaculate grooming standards... ahem... This beautifully shiny Revlon Nail Enamel hides a multitude of sins.
  • Mints. There's nothing like an air hostess breathing coffee all over you to ensure you carry these convenient social offerings.
  • My passport. And my lovely passport holder, which was a gift from my dear friend Fiona who I think of every time I open it up. And no, you don’t get to see my passport photo. But yes, I can assure you, it is that bad.

  • Spare lipstick, for those oh-my-gosh-I-just-about-missed-my-flight-but-must-look-polished moments.
  • Maybelline Superstay 24Hour Lip Colour – read THIS blog post and you’ll know why.
  • Notebook. Obsessive Compulsive Note-taker.
  • Perfume. I spray it onto my scarf too… makes me feel so much more ready to take on the world. Or just one giant aeroplane - same same. Carolina Herrera 212 EDT.
  • My favourite boarding passes. Crew don’t get boarding passes, but I keep my personal travel tokens as happy memories when my flying is business rather than pleasure.
And that’s it, the inside of your regular cabin crew handbag, not that I believe there is such a thing. Do you have any quirky little must-haves for your job? Any tips from fellow air hostesses out there? Or any recommendations for in-flight products you can’t fly without? I’m all ears :)

Love from running-through-the-airport Dolly x

4 comments:

  1. I tried the Maybeline 24 hour Lipstick but I found it didn't really work very well. It just flaked off and looked awful! Maybe it's because its too dry up on those triple 7s xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Flaky is not our friend! I seem to have been lucky in that case - what do you do that has you travelling around so much? Hope you're enjoying the travel nonetheless, I've been enjoying your posts on Japan :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately this lipstick is not available in my country, though it would be cool to have one to bring on board. But I have found one that works amazing with me and it is surprisingly the cheap IN2IT lasting lipstick. Just like you, I bought the lipstick in about every other colors that they have because that is how amazing those were. And they thought us trolley dolly only use expensive brands. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try it - we all love finding a bargain! Where do you fly from?x

      Delete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...