7 June 2012

1 Top: 7 Ways >>> PART 2

Welcome to the second part of my little one-top-trilogy, using just one ingeniously versatile black top from Salsa Jeans and a limited wardrobe selection... click here to view Part 1 if you want all the details!
I hope you like my ideas, pretty much slapdashedly put-together one sunny afternoon when I was feeling a wee bit creative...
I think my personal favourite is LOOK 3 - which one do you like best?

LOOK 3
Attention to detail

Top, Salsa Jeans | Jeans, Salsa Jeans | Shoes, Zara



I'm having a moment with these a.ma.zing Zara shoes -
bought in Madrid for 29 euros, I love shopping Mango and Zara in Spain!




[Wear it for... a first date | rooftop cocktails | posh bbq]
[Style it: Simply place the elasticated neckline under your arms to start with, and then drape the sleeves from the either side at the front to the back of your neck, where you can secure them with a pin, or with a simple knot. I kept accessories to a minimum, and just brought out my big earrings (always a winner).]


LOOK 4
Pocket money

[Wear it for... a little shopping | cinema | dancing (just ditch the boots for heels)]
[Style it: putting the neckline under my arms made the top strapless and creates folds in the material at the front. I pushed the sleeves inside this extra space to create temporary (very believable) pockets. Brilliant!]


LOOK 5
It's a wrap






Step 1 - bring the sleeve round from
the back...
Step 2 - tuck it in so nobody knows... it's a secret



[Wear it for... shopping | movie night | coffee shop gossip with the girls]
[Style it: Wear one sleeve, and bring your other arm out of the neckline to create an assymetric look. With the sleeve that remains unused, wrap it around your back, around your waist and down as if you would put it in your belt. Creating folds in the material, you can easily pin the sleeve inside or even just tuck like this - ^see^above^ - no-one will be any the wiser.
Unluckily enough I'm quite straight up and down in the hip area, but if you're fortunate enough to be Kim Kardashian-shaped, this outfit might not be your friend. Look 7 was made for you - you can check it out tomorrow!]


So that's Part 2 - I do hope you like it! I've tried to make most of these looks suitable for life in Dubai, where it's nicer and more respectful to cover up your goodies a little, and it presents an interesting challenge in a blogosphere so consumed with pretty floral hotpants and gorgeous mini dresses (and yes, I am consumed also!)!

Ever been to Dubai? Live there perhaps? Let me know what you think of these ideas - and remember, two more outfits to come tomorrow in Part 3! :)

Love from styling Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...