15 June 2012

World Catwalk: Destination Sydney [PART 2]

So I'm hoping you all thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's instalment in my little World Catwalk Sydney series!

As I mentioned HERE my day of street style hunting was a lot more fun than I thought it might be despite the rain, and I discovered so many stylish girls, hence why this is the first World Catwalk post I've split up to allow full street style digestion. Oh yes.

To continue with showcasing some of said looks, here are the lovely ladies who allowed me to snap them for The Trolley Dolly, this lovely little creative space blog of mine...

On the lower ground floor of Westfield shopping centre, there lies a scattering of painfully cool vintage stalls, boutiques and find-weird-stuff-here businesses that sell one-off wardrobe updates, interesting interiors and generally too much stuff for me to ship home in my suitcase. Booo.
However, it's not all bad... the place was so full of stylish people I genuinely didn't have time to snap them all! Two of these stylish people were Michelle and Julie.
I chose to feature Michelle (LEFT) and Julie (RIGHT) because this pair of shopping friends looked so relaxed and comfortable in their outfits that it added an extra element to the look.
Blazer, platforms, velvet, studs, socks-with-shoes, knits... these girls cleared out the fashion cupboard with their list of trends and then they go and act all surprised when I stop to tell them how great they look! Modesty, too?! That's not very Anna Wintour now is it? It really was a pleasure chatting to these lovely girls!
Michelle's blazer is so stylish the way the colour is slightly masculine with the shorts. I also love the combination of grey socks and purple shoes. Genius!
Julie's eye-catching blue velvet skirt reminded me of the Olsens and their/my love for nods to distant decades. I on the other hand, am not quite smart enough to imagine it with a striped knit (original thinking points go to Julie).


Style with a smile... Michelle (left) and Julie (right) look great!



Enjoying the winter colour combo



Love the leather. Love the studs. LOVE the bag. Don't you?



Isobel Lavender was touring the shops with her mum (personally my favourite mode of shopping), so I felt a little awkward stopping them and announcing myself as a streetstyle-obsessed air hostess who writes a blog. Random much. However, I'd actually spotted Isobel earlier and seeing as I'm way too polite to harass people while they're actually inside a shop, shopping, I simply stalk them until it's a little more appropriate.
In all seriousness, I didn't want to pass up the chance to shoot her effortlessly cool style!
I like the grunge-y utility jacket, the colour being very on trend for A/W 2012/13 for one's general information. Playing around with the lengths of the jacket and the knit has softened this look ever so slightly, and adding a wee glimpse of her socks made it more fun.
In almost opposition to all my fashion-centric text, the outfit still retains its air of 'I don't really care who just marched down the catwalk wherever wearing whatever. This style is me.' Plus Isobel's uberchic, slightly two-tone bedhead hair is just right to finish off the whole look in unison with the overall grunge theme. Outfit-love at first sight!
Loved this look. I totally couldn't pull it off like Isobel did!


Enjoying all the cool shoes, weird leggings, out-there hair, bright colours... and every other trend that was explored and reinvented, I came across one of my favourite looks. Just because of the jumper.
Whatever instigated that purchase was a thread of pure brilliance. The idea to wear it with a long black skirt is also brilliance, and quite frankly the gold clutch is a little bit of brilliance to add to the general (pause), brilliance.
Jessica, I salute you. This outfit is, in all its simplicity, brilliant a great example of a unique outfit that isn't showy-offy or plain ridiculous.
I'll let the outfit do the talking. I really don't need to say more!

Jumper envy... it's real <3
So that's it for Part 2. I hope you all enjoyed the above looks. Tomorrow calls for Part 3 and I will endeavour to show you two final outfits I shot the following day - when it was sunny! Yay!

If you like what you see here on The Trolley Dolly, you can drop me a tweet @trolleydollyDXB - I'd love to hear from you!

Until tomorrow!

Love from Aussie Dolly x

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog - how exciting to read of your travels and I love street style posts. Thank you for sharing - I am now following!

    xo Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Georgina! It is so kind of you to say - I've just started up this little blog so it's amazing to hear kind words like yours - and thanks also for following, each little comment and follower really makes my day! :) xxx p.s. more street style to come this week!x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous17.6.12

    I love that robot jumper too, plus your write up is... brilliant! :)

    Lucy G xx

    ReplyDelete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...