17 June 2012

World Catwalk: Destination Sydney [PART 3] and THANK YOU!

I never like to start anything with an apology, but... Sorry this is a day late.
I've been busy studying and training for a new chapter in my lovely airhead, sorry, of course I mean, airhostess career... Business class awaits!
Currently my brain is close to melting point, so full of posh cheeses, wines and cocktails I feel like my grey matter is equivalent to a rather tipsy afternoon tea. And my poor hands are tired from taking notes on chauffeur driven transfers, fabulous seats and possibly the most amazing lounge service I can imagine. If only it was all for me... Oh well. One can dream! And what better way to start today's post than with a dream. For me, it's a little dream of luxury, and the finer things (read: better salary!). Even though sometimes, the roughest diamonds are the most beautiful and true happiness can stem from the most unexpected sources. Amen.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get shallow! The above really has not much to do with the following outfits. In saying that, these street style posts are providing me some happiness from some unexpected sources so I guess there's the tenuous link...

Before I do any more fashion rambling, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to my lovely little group of followers.
As a blogger who is new to the scene, it's so nice to see genuine interest from other talented bloggers from all over the globe, and I didn't realise my writing could lead to an exciting network of hopefully will-be friends. You guys are the best - thanks!

And now, to the rambling.
This is the last post in my trilogy of World Catwalk: Destination Sydney street styles. I hope you have enjoyed the previous entries and if you're intrigued or missed out, you can click on the 'World Catwalk' tab at the top of this page, or simply click HERE for Part 1 or HERE for Part 2.

Today starts with Amel, originally French-Algerian, who is sporting one of my favourite looks of the year. The colour blocked blazer. These things aren't called blazers for nothing - I like the fact the word 'blaze' is in there because that's exactly what this hot peppery pink does. It shines! And makes an otherwise understated outfit something modern and exciting. I also love Amel's luxurious jewellery statements which are not too bling for a daytime get-up, but shiny enough to show a bit of it-girl cool. TrĂ©s jolie, ma cherie!
What a blazer... what a backdrop! I love Sydney's amazing architecture... and the handbag too!


Inspecting my part-time photographer work ;)
I always like to get involved in a bit of touristic camera madness!

Next up, and heading in the direction of the Circular Quay ferries was Aleksandra, who was putting the other tourists (queuing up in their baseball caps) to shame with her chic scarf/tailored jacket/metallic bag combo. And all this glamour for a blustery walk on Manly Cove, with the weather forecast for storms later in the afternoon! Bravo, Aleksandra!
What I love most about this outfit is the sneaky little link using clever colours, showcasing the gorgeous scarf with a bold purple sweater and inky blue jeans. I am taking notes... lots of notes!

Note to self: very cute day trip outfit
Beautiful scarf - wouldn't you agree?

And so, that brings to an end my World Catwalk in Sydney, I hope you had half as much fun reading this and rating the photos as I did taking them. It's so fascinating to travel around the world and admire the sense of style that each individual nation fosters.

I might not have had the chance to travel to your country yet - but please get in touch, I'd love to see your blog or your style, wherever you are!

Oz, it's been a pleasure!

Love from street style-obsessed Dolly x

P.S. Remember you can tweet me @trolleydollydxb !

2 comments:

  1. Like the outfit, especially your blazer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Hafsa! Although I can't take the credit for this particularly stylish number, my lovely street-styler Amel is in the picture - she does look fabulous though doesn't she?!xxx

      Delete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...