25 June 2012

World Catwalk: Destination London

To describe London's style is as if to ask Kim Kardashian to stop taking pictures of herself and posting them all over the internet. That is to say, it's entirely impossible.
There are a truck-load of perfectly-fitting adjectives that spring to mind and with London being home to so many nationalities, backgrounds and cultural sects, you really do have a whole world of fashion contained within one citysphere.


London's answer to Burj Khalifa...?

The capital city lives, breathes, perspires style. The 'London Look' (as coined by Rimmel/Kate Moss) is unique. Daring. Chic. Futuristic. Eclectic. Punk. Classy. Multicultural. Traditional. Evolving. Retrospective. Exciting. Involved. So many contradicting terms, so many individual takes on the meaning of what it is to be fashionable.
That is why this post is likely to be the first of many World Catwalk features from London... Every time I visit (on average, once a month), I always see so many well-dressed candidates for the World Catwalk crown so you can expect more of the below. Hope you enjoy!

Gushing complete... The real reason I came to London was in fact to lunch with my dear friend Helly (who also happens to feature below, she is one of THE most stylish people I know), and I had no intention of (read: no time for) doing shots for my regular 'World Catwalk' post. However, upon getting lost somewhere between London Bridge Station and Bermondsey Street, these street style darlings crossed my radar...

Sairah's outfit was the first thing I saw upon stepping onto the train platform. The floral scarf caught my eye with its playful fringing and summery splashes of coral and turquoise. With a (clearly very on trend) denim jacket and flowing maxi dress, this is an example of modest hijab worn with both pride and panache. Sairah, your style is simply gorgeous!

Gorgeous colours, and amazing skin - great combination!


Ashmii (LEFT) and Anjela (RIGHT) were strolling along, looking equally chic when I stopped them...
I love Ashmii's combination of muted shades livened up with shorts in my favourite colour! Black tights are a twos-up to the UK's famously unpredictable weather and provide a contrasting canvas for the lighter shoes and shorts. It also proves my 'I-can't-possibly-pull-off-shorts-and-tights' theory, wrong. Nice work!
P.s. I do like her gold accessorising - belt, chain, buttons... cute.
My favourite part of Anjela's outfit is actually the unlikely leggings. There are possibly only a few people who might wear these well. I'm thinking Mary Kate Olsen, Man Repeller and... Anjela!
Together with an abstract tee, cool slouchy cardi and tres fun pink nails, this look is full of character. I love.

Ashmii (LEFT) | Anjela (RIGHT)

Need to get me one of these cool utility jackets like Ashmii... very nice :)


With a colour scheme that subtly echoes the now-distant Jubilee celebrations, Helly's outfit is casual cool at its finest. Classy ingredients are key here and contrasting colours ensure it remains up-to-date, too. I fell in love with these poppy hued brogues as soon as I laid eyes on them. Bright red suede is provided the perfect backdrop with London's grey streets.
Personally, I love the whole thing even more due to Helly's big smile and the bouncy fun-ness of her hair!
Perfect wardrobe moment anyone?!

I too would be this happy if I were wearing a pair of these gorgeous shoes ;)


I hope you like these gorgeous outfits as much as I do - do you have any stylish spots you'd recommend in London town? Feel free to drop me a note!

Love from British Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...