6 November 2012

Diamond's Are A Girl's Best Friend... (Jewellery Storage DIY)


…but even more useful, is somewhere nice and pretty to store said diamonds / fake-ass costume jewels.
And that, my friends, is where a simple Martini glass and retro cake-stand come in.




After scrambling around in plastic boxes for an inexcusable number of years, I was inspired by an IKEA catalogue of all things, in which I spotted a clear glass cake-stand masquerading as a key/jewellery storage solution.
Upon discovering this mini floral cake stand in TK Maxx for just £10 (about 55 Dirhams), I decided that there has never been a better time to put my inspiration into action.
And here it is, adorned with a floral hair accessory for extra retro brownie points... this is where I stow my bracelets, studs and watches for scramble-free convenience. 





Next up is a solution to my anger-inducing earring collection. Previously it took me forever to untangle every time I even wanted to decide which pair to wear. And I love long, sparkly earrings, so why shouldn’t I show off this beautiful, shimmery collection?
When I came upon a simple Martini glass in Crate and Barrel, a little light bulb pinged in my brain. 
And below is pretty much the realised version of our aforementioned light bulb...


A double storage solution with bangles inside, earrings outside. Genius (if I do say so myself)!



Hope you all like my ideas :)
How do you store your jewellery? Any inspired ideas? I have a whole lot more jewellery that I don’t know what to do with, so post your links / suggestions!


Love from bling bling Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...