21 November 2012

The World On A Wall...


My job has taken me across continents, and to corners of the world that I never thought I would peek around, and I feel so lucky, every time I step off the plane and smell the scent of a new country, a new city and some new adventure.
That’s not to say that I don’t quite often smell the scent of freshly washed hotel linen, and dive under the duvet for the best part of 24 hours (oh yes, it is possible to sleep for 18 hours… in case you too will be stopping off in Lagos, Nigeria!)… but most of the time, on my first visit to any destination, I love to walk. What I love about walking around a city for the first time, is seeing all those sights you’ve seen in books, magazines and brochures, pop up around an unsuspecting turn, and to find quirks and scenes in that city that no amount of pictures can quite capture.

Since I first started flying, I've always been intrigued by the street art that appears so diversely and so frequently, wherever I set foot. And this post is just a glimpse of what I call, ‘the world on a wall…' I hope you like the pictures I've been lucky enough to take on some of my many stopovers.
For me, it’s a gallery of spray paint talent, raw art, and everyday messages. It’s something of an international language as each decorated stone portrays a story, a feeling or just an individual’s love of colour. Interpret as you will…

Bondi Beach, Australia






  


Moscow, Russia




Madrid, Spain



Dakar, Senegal



Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



Do you enjoy graffiti art as much as I do? Have you seen any interesting wall art in your city? Show me your pictures and maybe one day I’ll take a visit :)

Love from artist Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...