9 November 2012

My Travel Wardrobe – A Trip to Bangkok and Sydney


I have a love/hate relationship with this particular trip. It’s a weeklong adventure which takes me to Bangkok for a day, followed by three days in Sydney and another day in Bangkok on the way back to Dubai.
I love the destinations.
I hate packing for two different continents and trying to leave enough room for potential shopping ;)

So here’s what happens when you try to pack for two different climates, two different continents and two different plans, without overloading my poor, beaten Samsonite. Did someone say capsule wardrobe?

Day 1 – Bangkok
Sightseeing… a trip to the floating market at Damnoensaduak demands flats (Havaianas), easy tee (H&M) + wear-anywhere jeans (H&M). And a camera, duh.





Day 2 – Sydney
For me, a casual maxi dress (Topshop) together with gladiator sandals (Old Navy) is perfect for a wee spot of shopping along George Street in Sydney, working 'laid-back chic' or, in other words, I couldn’t be assed thinking of a whole outfit so I threw a maxi dress in the suitcase :)



Day 3 – Sydney
Taking a walk along Manly Beach in the Australian springtime isn’t quite as wonderfully warm as one might envisage so I chucked my favourite scarf in my bag and reworked Day 1’s outfit fabulously with some Raybans.



Day 4 – Sydney
I’m finally hitting the track again in an attempt to get healthy, and I’m making like a Nike ad. I love this long-sleeved top with its thumb-hole cutouts and modest design. These cropped trousers are so comfortable and my well-worn Asics aren’t exactly the hottest creation ever (hence why you won't find them parading on this webpage), but they do endure a long run or two and frankly my knees are more important than the people checking out my trainers.






Day 5 – Bangkok
For a day marching around Bangkok’s Grand Palace, I’m brightening up a cloudy sky with a sheer fuchsia top (Primark), those good old bleach-washed jeans and gladiators, and my latest buy from a boutique in Beirut, this superb studded bag.




I do try to pack lightly on this particular trip, and I find as long as I have a couple of accessories such as the above quirky handbag, or an oversize scarf, I’ll be alright. I usually chuck a couple of basic vest tops in too, just in case. And, not forgetting my hotel room slobwear which equates as follows: leggings + man-hoodie = extremely happy Dolly.

That about sums up my week away, I’ll try to be a little more glamorous next time!
How do you pack for a long weekend? Written about it? Tell me!

Love from jet-lagged Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...