18 November 2012

The Monday Makeover - Happy Hair Day


I don’t know about you, but personally, I don’t care for putting pictures of myself minus makeup on tinternet. It goes against my highly shallow principles.
But for the purposes of The Monday Makeover I shall show you how my hairdresser (and a little makeup) helped me swap a pasty face and bad hair day for a slightly more presentable get-up. And I'll share some of my favourite products along the way…


BEFORE… [shade your eyes]
No makeup, unhappy hair, skin that hasn’t seen sun in a fortnight… nope, I’ve no idea why I’m smiling either.


And then 'Pace e Luce' happened. That is to say, I went to the hairdresser.

Me and Fadi, my delightful Syrian hairdresser seem to be on the same wavelength. Well, as much as anyone could be. I mean, after all, let’s be honest – hairdressers, they’re a different species.
A snip-happy, I’ll-chop-however-I-feel-like, colour-however-I want species.
Apologies to all the hairdressers out there, but following the general consensus of opinion (and my own experience), this appears to be true.
However, doing you all plenty of favours is Fadi, who appears to be able to leave his scissors tucked away and follow careful instruction on exactly what kind of dark brown is going to make Dolly’s day. And he doesn’t take his sweet time either. The salon is packed full of ladies all doing their dos so you won’t be kept waiting. They need to get you finished in order to see to all those fussy Lebanese ladies. And I can talk because, a. I’m one of them, and b. it’s true.


So… what do you think of the new colour?
Only a few shades left before I’m back to black!

Should you wish to visit Fadi in Pace e Luce, Al Manzil Hotel, Downtown Dubai (opposite Souk Al Bahar) give them a call (appointments are recommended): 00971 (4) 420 1165 or click HERE to check out their other locations.

They use L’Oréal, Redken and Kerastase products among others and charge between 400-600DHS for cut/colour/blowdry finish.



 

To complete the look… I added MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in Dark Deep to my cheeks, Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara to my lashes and a final mist of L’Oréal Tecni Art Anti Frizz Fixing Spray to my carefully curled hairdo.
And I’m ready to go! Woop!

Love from dark-haired Dolly x

1 comment:


  1. Salons are makes the people perfect...In

    the Dubai all salons are really

    awesome..I got the very best information

    about the Dubai beauty salons from your

    site....Beauty is very important to

    all...New generation are really crazy to

    beauty...So it is very useful

    information for the new generation...I

    really liked that beauty tips...I really

    impressed to read all this great

    information...I really appreciated this

    great information...thanks for sharing

    all this great information.

    ReplyDelete

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...