14 November 2012

Dining With Dolly - Zucca, London


The nature of my work and the constant travelling it brings, demand that I can’t always eat at home and to be honest, I’m (usually) perfectly happy to eat out, try something new and taste something fabulous. When that happens, I’d like to tell you about it so you too can all stuff your pretty faces.
Along with a short brief on where/what, I’ll end with my review in 5 words.
Yes, really, just 5. So you can skip my self-indulgent wittering, and head straight to the end unless you're interested in my wee visit ;)


My Table:
In the middle of Zucca restaurant, 184 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3TQ
We had views of the open kitchen and the huge windows looking on to the street, a cute posy of flowers in the middle of the table, and a small but perfectly formed menu in front of me.


My Food:
Grilled asparagus & fonduta, followed by...
Swordfish with Sardinian tomatoes and an onion and chickpea salad.
A side dish of puy lentils with a hint of lemon (yum).
Bonet (traditional Italian dessert) with brittle and hazelnut ice cream (P.S. Check out their very own recipe from chef and owner Sam Harris HERE, or click on the screen shot below)
Please note, Zucca's concise menu changes to reflect seasonal produce and presumably to allow the chefs to be as creative as they like without impacting on the quality of the food. Plus, don't you find it easier choosing from a smaller selection? It's got my vote.



My 5 Word Review:
DELICIOUS
FRESH
QUALITY
PERFECT SERVICE

My Recommendation:
A beautiful lunch – 9/10

Love from Zucca Dolly x


Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...