12 November 2012

The Monday Makeover - Lacy Nails


After coming up with the ever-so-originally-titled ‘Friday Favourites’, I decided to commit to another regular post, focusing on something that I love / am mildly obsessed with.
Makeovers.
And to top it off, I aim to publish these every Monday when we all need a little makeover boost the most!

If you know me well, you’ll know that I do not own a television, nor do I wish to. You might also know that when I do on occasion watch television, I freaking love makeover shows.
Whether it’s Gok and his Fashion Fix, Supersize vs Superskinny, MTV Made, 10 Years Younger, or any of the numerous shows from the make-me-prettier brigade, I won’t be able to tear my eyes from the screen for a moment.
I love seeing how someone can fulfill their potential, whether it’s by changing their clothes, makeup, hair, or even their home interior. Yes, I really am that superficial.

This is my very own makeover ‘show’, starting with today’s racy, lacy nail transformation... I’m currently on leave, and thanks to that lovely break in flying, it means I can depart from the red/French/clear stale-nailmate that I’m permanently stuck with thanks to airline ‘uniform standards’. The following nail art makeover is definitely not allowed onboard!






Step 1: I painted a clear topcoat on top of my coral Biogel manicure using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.





This makeover comes courtesy of some very lovely nail wraps, 49AED from Call It Spring in Dubai. If you can’t find these, I’m sure if you Google ‘lace nail wraps’ a bevvy of beautiful alternatives will appear on your screen.

Step 2: Apply nail foils to all but the ring fingers and trim excess to about 0.5cm using scissors. Then fold remaining excess under the nail and file downwards... if you file side to side you'll be left with a messy torn finish.


Step 3: Paint glittery gold nail polish over the remaining nails (or you can try half moon/French tips depending on your own preferred style!). I bought this lovely little pot of glitz from Manila, The Philippines for what equates to around £2 / 11AED. The brand is Capher Nail Art and although it's actually Korean, I've never seen it anywhere other than in Manila. Either way, it's gorgeous!




Et voila! Here’s a beautiful, classy yet quirky nail for a wee night out or a posh date. 
Or if you’re like me, just for the loveliness of looking down at fancy shmancy nails when you’re whatsapp-ing :)

Love from lacy, sparkly Dolly x


Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...