4 November 2012

World Catwalk: Destination Manila


Weekend shopping in Robinsons Galleria Mall, Manila, seems to demand a uniform of the giggling Filipinas. The uniform goes a little something like this: colourful t-shirt, shorts/leggings, flat pumps. And so I set about finding those who wore it best...

One of my favourite outfits came from Jean Pedreno, who did biker on the bottom with simple black shorts and boots, then switched it up with girly sunglasses and a blast of pink on top. Filipinas (from my observations in Manila, and in Dubai) tend to dress simply, keeping accessories to a minimum and applying Coco Chanel's tactic of taking one thing off before leaving the house. Jean proves that the latest arm-party craze isn’t a must and opts for sunnies and a watch instead…





I caught April Marique as she popped out of the hair salon, and the simplicity of her outfit somehow spotlights the classic (and perfectly applied) red lipstick / liquid liner combo and enviably bouncy hair! The deep aqua marine blue really sets off her beautiful skin tone typical of this corner of the world. Nice work April!
I love the leopard-print flats!



Jakie Fernandez is championing the bleached-out super-skinny jeans look, with T-bar pumps and a preppy shirt - a cute shopping-on-a-Saturday look. I like that it has a trendy edge (the jeans), but avoids being completely enslaved by the latest magazine-dictated ‘must-haves’. Here we get to see a little more personality :) I like!



I usually aim for three street styles for The Trolley Dolly’s World Catwalk, but when I bumped into Marcia Palacpac (who bears a striking resemblance to actress America Ferrera) and her friend Rica Lopez, I thought their casual style and rather lovely shoulder bags deserved a mention!
The lovely pair gave me a few ideas... Marcia inspired the notion of flat brogues, and Rica, with her punchy citrus colours, made me reconsider my safe (read: boring) black wardrobe choices!
Marcia (left) and Rica.
Wouldn't you agree that Marcia looks just like America Ferrera?


And that's World Catwalk Manila for you all! Hope you like :) I feel this is a fair representation of the street style that I saw when I was walking around the Philippines' capital.
Do you like my outfit choices here? Which is your favourite? Any street style bloggers out there who'd like to share?

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

Love from Filipina Dolly x

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

Get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...